On 1st April 2020, His Excellency President Uhuru Kenyatta established the COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund. The principal objective of the Fund is to mobilise resources for emergency response towards containing the spread, effects and impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Board embarked on its mandate and I am happy to report that the support and goodwill towards this initiative has been very encouraging. Corporates, foundations, religious institutions and individuals have enthusiastically stepped forward to donate to the fund.
So far the fund has been able to raise the following:
- In terms of cash we have raised Kshs 917,768,950.00
- In terms of material resources, that is, food and non-food items we have raised Kshs 370,300,000.00
- Bringing the total contribution to Kshs 1,288,068,950.00
Funds and other donations continue to be received and this will be updated in due course.
A detailed list of all contributions is available on the Fund’s website www.kenyacovidfund.co.ke.
The Board seeks to reaffirm that the donations will be utilised to support the government’s efforts in the supply of medical facilities and equipment and support for vulnerable communities.
The Board would like to express its deepest gratitude for the support and goodwill that the fund continues to receive from Kenyans from all walks of life. We would like to encourage more Kenyans to donate to the fund as we all work together to overcome this challenge.
Let us work together to save lives.
The COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund
For further details contact: Secretariat on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Kenya COVID-19 Fund raises over Kshs 2.7 Billion for Emergency Response
- The Kenya COVID-19 Fund raises over Kshs 1.2 Billion for Emergency Response
- Private Distribution of Donated Food and Non-Food Items
- Hindu Council boosts the Kenya COVID-19 Emergency Response kitty with a Kshs 100 Million food donation
- Operationalisation of the Kenya COVID-19 Fund