We wish sincerely thank private firms, groups and individuals for supporting the vulnerable members of our society through the ongoing food and non-food items donations during this difficult period. The support has really shown our unity as a nation and our resolve to be our brothers’ keeper.
We are encouraged by how many of the donation drives have been peaceful and orderly. However in the last few days, some of the donations have also been characterised by disorderliness, stampedes, and violated social distancing rule.
In this regard, following the Government directive yesterday on the private distribution of donated food and non-food items, the Kenya COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund wishes to urge those wishing to conduct
donations to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Individuals, Communities or Groups in Nairobi County wishing to engage in such distribution are requested to notify the Fund Secretariat on email: email@example.com and our rapid response phone numbers: 0702000055, 0702000077 or 0772429949. The Head of the Fund Secretariat Mr Kennedy Kihara is working closely with the Regional security team to provide the necessary support and co-operation for such donations.
- In the interest of public safety, urges adherence to public health protocols to curb spread of COVID-19 including social distancing, wearing of face masks, washing/sanitisation of hands among other measures.
- For all other counties, donors are similarly requested to notify the County Commissioners who are working closely with the respective County Governors for coordination and support.
The notification to the Fund is to enable coordination of donations to facilitate security arrangements, alignment with the needs assessment map, health surveillance and related public guidance necessary to facilitate safe distribution of the donations. A coordinated approach to the delivery of available donations is essential to avoid compromising public health and rolling back gains already made in the efforts to contain COVID-19 in Nairobi County and the Country at large.
The Board takes this opportunity to express its deepest gratitude for the support and goodwill towards this initiative which has so far been very positive. We encourage all of us to continue the inspirational Kenyan
spirit of giving. Have a Blessed Easter Weekend.
Let us work together to save lives.
The COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund
- The Kenya COVID-19 Fund raises over Kshs 2.7 Billion for Emergency Response
- The Kenya COVID-19 Fund raises over Kshs 1.2 Billion for Emergency Response
- Private Distribution of Donated Food and Non-Food Items
- Hindu Council boosts the Kenya COVID-19 Emergency Response kitty with a Kshs 100 Million food donation
- Operationalisation of the Kenya COVID-19 Fund